Do I need to purchase travel insurance

Students are required to purchase comprehensive travel health insurance through Guard Me Insurance portal if they are travelling as part of an official study abroad program. We also strongly recommend this insurance if you are travelling for other activities.

Faculty and staff are covered to a certain extent by the University's Sun Life coverage but you may wish to look at Guard Me coverage as well as it includes items such as third party liability and security evacuation (in case of natural disaster, political unrest, terrorism) not covered in the Sun Life policy. 

Guard Me Insurance can be purchased through the Guelph-Guard Me portal.