Our two current research areas are interdisciplinary and focus on:
A. Folate intermediates, hydrogenases and hydride transfer reactions under biological conditions.
B. Prebiotic transition metal chemistry
This research has evolved over the last decades from the following research projects.
- Carbenes and their "heavy" relatives (R2M: with M = C, Si, P+, Ge, Sn and transition metals).
- Stabilization of highly reactive species through bulky amido substituents.
- Synthesis of novel volatile compounds as CVD precursors for microelectronic materials
- Generation of Ge-Si and Ge-C thin films for semiconductor and solar cell technology, synthesis of new precursors for electronic grade thin silicon films.
- Generation of superhard, oxidation resistant films based on boron and titanium.