Why does the card reader not recognize my I.D. Card/iClass FOB?
Card readers at building and room doors will display either a solid red or solid green light.
- Red indicates the door is in locked status.
- Green indicates the door is in unlocked status.
If the card reader does not respond to your I.D. Card/iClass fob:
- Access may not be assigned.
- Your iClass device may be damaged.
- Did you change status on campus? (ie: you were previously an Undergrad and now you are a Grad student ) You must obtain a new card from the Registrars Office.
- Some lab doors may be configured with an Unlock schedule. UofG cards will not be required during the scheduled time.
- Your I.D. Card may not be equipped with iClass HID technology. (i.e. older magnetic stripe card)
- When your I.D. Card is NOT presented on its own, the reader may detect other RFID cards within a wallet, purse or backpack. Access is not granted if multiple cards are detected.
Students can contact their residence porter for assistance.
Faculty & Staff can contact their Department's Electronic Access Administrator for assistance.