Your Questions Answered
We've put together a list of commonly asked questions to help you effictively use the Electronic Access systems across campus.
If you have a question or a hardware issue you can't find the answer to on this page, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Do Alumni qualify for a University I.D. card?
- How do I care for my I.D. Card?
- How do I know if I have an HID iClass card?
- How do I use the card for building access?
- How long is my FOB good for?
- How much does a FOB cost?
- I am a new staff/faculty member. Where can I upload my ID card photo?
- I do not qualify for an I.D. Card, how do I get access?
- I have an old U of G Card, do I need to get a new one?
- I need to access one or more buildings, what do I do?
- I no longer need my FOB. What do I do with it?
- Is my I.D. Card only good for building access?
- Once I receive my card, when do I get access?
- The iClass FOB stopped working, what do I do?
- What do I do if I find a card?
- What do I do if my FOB becomes damaged, is lost, or stolen?
- What do I do if my I.D. card is lost or stolen?
- What do I do if there is an issue with the functionality of a door?
- What do I get access to?
- What if there's a problem with my I.D. Card?
- What should departments do for Staff leaving the University?
- When can new employees obtain their I.D. Card?
- When will I receive my Student I.D. Card?
- Who is eligible for a University of Guelph I.D. card?
- Why does the card reader not recognize my I.D. Card/iClass FOB?
- Why is the card reader not responding?