How do I use the card for building access?
Card readers at building and room entrances will display either a solid red or solid green status light.
- Red indicates the door is in locked status.
- Green indicates the door is in unlocked status.
- Have your I.D. Card in your hand.
- Hold your I.D. Card to the front face of the card reader with a red light.
- The reader will beep when the card is detected.
- A green light will appear if access is granted.
- A red light denotes that access is not granted. See the department Electronic Access Admin to review your access requirements.
- The green light indicates the door is unlocked and ready to be opened.
- Door remains unlocked for up to 7 seconds.
- Open the door and access the area.
If you wait too long to open the door, the lock will reset and you will have to repeat Step 1.**
Card reader not responding?
Students can contact their residence porter for assistance. Faculty and Staff can contact their Department's Electronic Access Administrator for assistance.