Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master's (CGS M) Program
The objective of the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS M) Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies. The Tri-council allocates CGS M awards to universities specifying the number of awards that each may offer to their students annually. CGS M awards can only be offered to students pursuing graduate studies at eligible Canadian universities, and the award must be held at the university that has made the offer.
Value & Duration
$17,500 for 12 months, non-renewable
Information sessions for the 2019/20 CIHR/NSERC/SSHRC CGS Master's competitions are yet to be announced, but details will be found under the Tools and Resources tab.
- December 1, 2018 – Application Deadline for CGS M (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) to the Research Portal
- April 1, 2019 – Universities will post competition results using Research Portal
- April 22, 2019 – Applicants must respond to offers of award; offers not accepted before this date will be deemed to have been declined
Please refer to the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s Program website (currently housed on the NSERC website) for full details and eligibility.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application using the Research Portal. Students should refer to the CGS M application instructions for details on how to complete their application. Additionally, the Canadian Common CV (CCV) must be completed and the confirmation number uploaded to the CGS M application on the Research Portal.
- Applications will be reviewed and ranked by the applicant’s proposed or current academic department/school.
- The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Awards Committee will review the applications and select those that will be offered a CGS M Award at the University of Guelph.
Contacts & Resources
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Graduate Awards Officers by email firstname.lastname@example.org.