Becoming a Student Exchange Partner Institution
Interested in Becoming a Student Exchange Partner Institution?
If you are interested in negotiating a exchange agreement with the University of Guelph, first visit the University of Guelph's information on academic programs to ensure your academic programs align with ours. If it seems a good fit, contact the Centre for International Programs to find out about next steps.
Here are some of the things we look for in new student exchange partners:
- Internationally recognized and accredited institutions at the University level with academic programs which align well with University of Guelph Programs
- Courses at the senior undergraduate (3rd and 4th year) or graduate level which are taught in English
- Partners who are not located in a region covered by a Global Affairs Canadian travel warning
- Partner institutions with a reciprocal interest in exchange such that it may be reasonable to assume that equal numbers of students will be exchanged in each direction
- Partners must be able to offer an official transcript of the students' academic performance in perpetuity (i.e. students should be able to obtain a transcript of their exchange courses several years after their time at the host University is completed)