The Mitacs Accelerate Industrial Postdoc program provides one, two or three years of funding – valued at $60,000 per year – for a postdoctoral fellow. This special initiative offers an enhanced leveraging opportunity for postdoctoral fellows.
- Postdoctoral fellows partner with a company or not-for-profit organization and build a longer-term research collaboration.
- Partner organizations gain a competitive advantage by adding a highly skilled member to their team while postdoctoral fellows apply their expertise to real-world problems and build business-ready skills.
- Postdoctoral fellows can complete projects for up to three years of funding and need to be within five years of PhD completion at the start of their project to be eligible for this Mitacs program.
- Full-time grad students at all Canadian universities
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international students
- All academic disciplines
- Businesses and not-for-profit organizations
- Students must spend 50% of the internship with the academic institution and 50% with the partner organization
In addition to the criteria listed above, applicants should note the following:
- Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible if they have previously held a Mitacs Elevate award.
- Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible for fellowships at organizations where they have already been a full-time employee.
- Postdoctoral fellows must be within five years of PhD completion at the start of their project to be eligible.
Maximum Project Value
$60,000 per year.
Postdoctoral fellows are provided a minimum $45,000 stipend/salary and maximum $15,000 in research costs, with $30,000 coming from the industry partner matched with $30,000 from Mitacs.
Up to three years.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. OR-5, full proposal/budget and signed Mitacs Memorandum must be submitted to the Office of Research (email@example.com) a minimum of one week prior to the intended submission date to Mitacs.
Applicant submits full application, including signed memorandum, directly to Mitacs representative. The submission must be planned at least six to eight weeks in advance of the proposed internship start date.
How to Apply
Please contact Emily Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get an application started.