Financial Resources for Indigenous Students
Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Support
If you have any questions or concerns about financial matters, contact Ally Stoett, Indigenous Student Advisor, at email@example.com or 519-824-4120 extension 53725 or book a meeting.
Internal Scholarships and Bursaries
- Indigenous Student Engagement Scholarship
- Indigenous Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Indigenous Graduate Scholarships
- Devine Family Scholarships
- Helen and Carl Mertz Scholarship
- Indigenous Student Bursary
- Jack and Lillian MacDonald Scholarship
- McAllister Family Bursary for Indigenous Students
- Métis Nation of Ontario Bursary
- SUNDANCe Indigenous Award
- Uffelmann Connor Family Bursary for Indigenous Students
- Indigenous Undergraduate Research Internships
More internal awards can be found at Student Financial Services, and they have a listing of awards specifically for students who identify as Black, Indigenous and/or students of colour.
Sponsorships and Third Party Invoices
Information for sponsored students and third party sponsors is available from Student Financial Services. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ontario Student Assistance Program
We encourage all students with financial need to consider applying for Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
OSAP provides financial aid through two kinds of support:
- grants: money you don’t have to pay back
- loans: money you need to repay once you’re done school
When you apply for OSAP, you are automatically considered for both grants and loans. If you don’t want to take a loan, you can decline it after your application is approved.
The University of Guelph uses OSAP to determine financial need for all bursaries and Work Study.