The Department of Chemistry maintains licenses/memberships for the software listed below. To download the software, login to the Department of Chemistry Sharepoint.
- GaussView 6
Gaussian and Gaussian View are now available for members of Department of Chemistry from Chem Stores. It is on a USB stick, and has both MAC and Windows versions.
How to get it:
- Go to Chem Stores during their open hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (closed 12-1 pm for lunch)
- Ask for the Gaussian / Gaussian View USB (single key has both programs)
- Find the software on the USB to install it onto your computer
- Return the USB to Chem Stores within 2 hours
There is only one USB stick available so it is important to return the USB as soon as possible so that others may use it.
- Cambridge Structural Database
- This is a Windows 95/98/NT/XT/Vista/Windows 7 package. It was last updated in January 2010. While originally conceived as a local solution to deal with problems within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, this project evolved into a more general solution for others on campus. The application is available to anyone in the university community however please be aware that the application is no longer supported.
- Install Instructions
Full install of winMarks (Now installs under 64bit Vista and Windows 7) NOTE: The AutoUpdate function should work on most computers. Upon running winMarks for the first time you will be asked permission to turn on the AutoUpdater. After this (assuming you said yes) you should see a message downloaded by the AutoUpdater titled "winMarks AutoUpdate News". If you don't see this, your AutoUpdater is NOT functioning. winMarks should warn you if your AutoUpdater does not appear to be working