International and Out of Province Students

Whether you are starting a new life in a new country or moving here from another province, you will want to make links to various groups, clubs and organizations.   You might be an International Funded Student funded through an established agreement. 

The Office of Intercultural Affairs (OIA) offers many support services and you will want to be sure to connect with them.

Health Insurance

It is mandatory for all international students to have the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).   If you have dependents, you should make sure that they are covered as well.

English Language Support

The library offers dedicated English language support.  You will also find other language support groups and services through the Office of Intercultural Affaires.