Applying to Guelph
Thank you for your interest in Graduate Studies at the University of Guelph. The following information will guide you through the application process and assist you with the online application.
Please note that applicants from outside of Canada are encouraged to view our International Applicants webpage.
- Applicants are required to list a minimum of 2 academic references on their application. We recommend you contact your referees prior to submitting your application to confirm their availability and contact information.
- Applicants upload application documents such as transcripts, statement of research, CV/resume after applying. However, we recommend gathering application documents and having them ready in advance.
- Additional documents: Gather any additional requirements specified by the department for admission purposes. Some departments will require hard copy documents (test scores) and/or portfolios to be sent directly to the program office.
- Students applying to a graduate program at the University of Guelph are required to apply online.
- The application fee for most graduate programs is $110 (The MBA , MA (Leadership) application fee is $150) This fee is non refundable and is payable to the OUAC.
- You may apply to multiple programs using the same OUAC application (normal application fees apply). Please see instructions once you enter the application.
Please Note: The University of Guelph has contracted with the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) to provide application processing services. When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will complete and submit your application. You will be required to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC Account. Direct any application process questions to the OUAC.
For the best experience with the OUAC applications and website, we recommend visiting their Supported Browsers and Devices page.
- Within 5 business days of completing your application, you will receive an email with your login information and instructions on how to upload your documents on our student information system called WebAdvisor.
- If it has been 5 business days and you have not received your login information, please check your Junk and Spam folders.
- Please note that the WebAdvisor account information nor the referee request can not be expedited.
- Please plan the submission of your application in accordance with admission deadlines.
- If you have previously applied or attended UofG, please contact the CCS Help Desk to have your password reset.
- Upload Documents to WebAdvisor: Upload all required documents listed, as a PDF. Review the Uploading Documents Website for more information. Please note: if you apply to more than one graduate program at the University of Guelph, you will be required to upload the same document more than once. Please ensure that you select the correct UPLOAD button on your WebAdvisor checklist when uploading documents.
- If you have requested an official transcript through the OUAC application portal, please do not upload an electronic version of it on WebAdvisor (this will block the official version from coming in). Therefore, please ignore the upload option for that transcript on WebAdvisor - this will be removed once we receive it.
- References: The referees identified on your application will be sent a request to complete a Referee Assessment email on your behalf. They will receive this request around the same time you receive your WebAdvisor information. Once they submit the reference the WebAdvisor status on your checklist will change to 'received'.
- Please note: All communication post-application will be done through your newly created UofG email account.
- Monitor your status on WebAdvisor
- Once a decision is made, you will receive email notification to your UofG email account
- Offers of Admission can be reviewed in WebAdvisor (Applicants > Documents > View Offer).
- Review your offer of admission and guaranteed funding form. We recommend saving or printing this document for your records.
- Scroll and select a response, prior to the response deadline.
The University of Guelph strives to provide equal opportunity for academically qualified students with disabilities.