Applying to Guelph - Update
Thank you for choosing to apply to a graduate program at the University of Guelph. The following information will guide you through the application process and assist you with the online application.
International students who are applying from outside Canada should apply at least nine months in advance of the semester to which they wish to apply.
- Review our list of graduate programs and select a program.
- Visit the department website and review the various degree requirements, research, and faculty members.
- Do you have any questions about your program? If so please contact department's graduate program assistant for more information.
- If you are interested in working with a specific advisor, contact the advisor to discuss potential research opportunities.
- Some programs are offered as Part-Time, find out more about applying or switching to part-time.
- Visit the University of Guelph's general admission requirements page.
- Review the program specific admission requirements identified by the department on their website.
- Calculate your admissions average
- Transcripts: All post-secondary education (University level) transcripts are required, including incomplete studies/programs, transfer courses, letter of permission and exchanges
- References: Minimum of 2 academic references are required, we recommend you contact your referees prior to submitting your application to confirm their availability and contact information
- Additional Documents: Gather any additional requirements specified by the department for admission purposes. Some departments will require hard copy documents (test scores) and/or portfolios to be sent directly to the program office (see departmental website).
- Review the Application Documents website for more information.
- Students applying to a graduate program at the University of Guelph are required to apply online.
- The application fee for most graduate programs is $110 (The MBA , MA (Leadership) application fee is $150) This fee is non refundable and is payable to the OUAC.
- You may apply to multiple programs using the same OUAC application (normal application fees apply) see instructions once you enter the application.
Please Note: The University of Guelph has contracted with the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) to provide application processing services. When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will complete and submit your application. You will be required to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC Account. Direct any application process questions to the OUAC.
- Login to WebAdvisor (UofG Student Information System): Within 5 business days of completing your application, you will receive an email with your login information and instructions on how to upload your documents.
- WebAdvisor is unavailable between 2:00 am to 4:00 am EST each day.
- The WebAdvisor account information nor the referee request can not be expedited. Please plan the submission of your application in accordance with admission deadlines.
- If you have previously applied or attended UofG, please contact the CCS Help Desk to have your password reset.
- Upload Documents to WebAdvisor: Upload all required documents listed, as a PDF. Review the Uploading Documents Website for more information. Please note: if you apply to more than one graduate program at the University of Guleph, you will be required to upload the same document more than once. Please ensure that you select the correct UPLOAD button on you WebAdvisor checklist when uploading documents.
- References: The referees identified on your application will be sent a request to complete a Referee Assessment email on your behalf. They will receive this request around the same time you receive your WebAdvisor information.Once they submit the reference the WebAdvisor status on your checklist will change to 'received'.
- Please note: All communication post-application will be done through your newly created UofG email account.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have requested an official transcript through the OUAC application portal, please do not upload an electronic version of it on WebAdvisor (this will block the official version from coming in). Therefore, please ignore the upload option for that transcript on WebAdvisor - this will be removed once we receive it.
- Monitor your status on WebAdvisor
- Once a decision is made, you will receive email notification to your UofG email account
- Offers of Admission can be reviewed in WebAdvisor (Applicants, Documents, View Offer).
- Review your offer of admission and guaranteed funding form
- Scroll and select a response, prior to the response deadline.