The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) is a legal document that outlines your responsibilities and the terms and conditions of accepting and repaying your student loans. The MSFAA is a multi-year agreement. Students belonging to the following groups must complete the MSFAA to receive government funding (grants and loans) for the academic year:
- First-time recipient of government funding
- Previous recipient who has had a break in their studies of more than two years
The MSFAA can be completed online through a two-step process. You will require the following information:
- Your 10-digit MSFAA number – available through your OSAP account, on the “Required documents” page
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Your bank account information – bank’s transit number, institution number, and your account number
Step 1: Register online with the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
Once you have been assessed by OSAP and approved for funding, NSLSC will send you a welcome email within two to three business days (to the email address that you provided on your OSAP account). Follow the link in the email to start the registration process. If you receive the email and would like to verify its authenticity, please contact NSLSC.
You will be presented with two options for confirming your identity and registering your account with NSLSC. You can use either a SecureKey Sign-in Partner or GCKey. You will be taken to an external website to complete this identity verification process.
SecureKey Sign-In Partners are groups like banks and credit unions that have partnered with SecureKey Technologies to enable their customers to use their online credentials (e.g. card numbers or usernames and passwords) to access Government of Canada services. Your banking information will not be shared with the government through this service. See a list of participating banks.
If your financial institution is not a SecureKey Sign-in Partner or you prefer not to use this service, you can obtain credentials (username and password) through GCKey, a Government of Canada service.
Step 2: Complete the MSFAA
After registering, you will be re-directed to NSLSC's website where you can complete the MSFAA by:
- Confirming your personal and contact information
- Completing your communication preferences
- Entering your banking information
- Accepting the terms and conditions of the loan agreement