Confirmation of Enrolment Process

The Confirmation of Enrolment is a process the school runs to inform the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development that you are enrolled in the University. This process is run for all students who have applied for OSAP funding. A similar process is run for government student aid programs for all Canadian provinces and territories.

If you log onto your account on the OSAP website and see that your Confirmation of Enrolment is outstanding, it means that your account is complete, and OSAP is waiting for the University to confirm your enrolment. Please make sure that you are enrolled in the same course load that you indicated on your OSAP application. If you wish to change your course load on your OSAP application, please send an email to fininfo@uoguelph.ca, from your University of Guelph email account.

Student Financial Services (SFS) will start confirming enrolment about 10 days before the start of your study period. If your OSAP is complete, and your course load matches your application, then your enrolment should be confirmed and your funding released by the start of your study term. SFS will continue the confirmation process throughout the semester.

OSAP is released in two installments, and enrolment is confirmed every semester.

Fall/Winter students

  • 60% of your funding will be released in the fall term, and the remaining 40% will be released in the winter term
  • Your fall student account must be paid in full before your winter confirmation of enrolment can process 
  • Check WebAdvisor to ensure that your student account for the fall has been paid in full

Single Semester Students

  • 100% of your funding will be released at the beginning of your study term
  • Your student account for any previous terms must be paid in full before your confirmation of enrolment can process 
  • Check WebAdvisor to ensure that your student account payments are up to date

Has My Confirmation of Enrolment been Processed?

  • To see if your confirmation has been completed, go to the Financial Profile section of WebAdvisor, and click on Account View. You will receive a notification in the top, right-hand corner of the screen when confirmation of enrolment is complete. Watch the video below to see exactly where your notification will show up (or watch the video in full screen on Youtube). A video transcript is available.

When is Funding Released?

  • It takes approximately 5-10 business days (1-2 weeks) from the time enrolment has been confirmed for funding to be deposited to your bank account
  • There could be several deposits depending on the type of funding you are receiving – provincial loans or grants, federal loans or grants
University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1
Canada
519-824-4120