New Students & Parents

Welcome to the University of Guelph. Please see the helpful information and the checklist below that Student Financial Services has prepared to assist new students and their parents.

OSAP applications:

Parents are an important part of the OSAP process and should be on hand to provide information and assist the student. However, please make sure that the student completes their own OSAP application. Serious misunderstandings and errors can occur when students do not fill out their own applications.

OSAP questions:

In order for us to answer parents' questions about their son or daughter's OSAP, we first need to have the student's consent. Students may grant consent on their OSAP application to enable us to answer their parents' OSAP questions.

Student Accounts questions:

The University of Guelph also has a form that allows us to release student account information to parents. Students may log into WebAdvisor and locate 'Release of Financial Information' under the 'Financial Profile' menu

First Year Financial Check List 2017-18

June – August:

  • Get a summer job and save some money for the upcoming year

  • Residence application and $500 deposit due by June 1, 2017. Visit the Housing website for further information

  • Apply (early) for OSAP on the OSAP website
    (You should submit your OSAP application at least six weeks before you start school in September)

  • Upload or send signature pages to the Student Financial Services office. Attach any required documentation, such as proof of citizenship or proof of crown ward status, etc.

  • If you do not have one, open a bank account in your name; you will need your bank account number for your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)

  • Bring your MSFAA to a designated post office in person, along with photo ID and proof of your social insurance (SIN) number. CanLearn.ca provides a list of designated post offices

  • WebAdvisor opens July 26. Log in to see your student fee statement for the upcoming year

  • Your tuition deposit of $200 is due August 11

September - December:

  • Fall tuition payment is due September 15. Log into WebAdvisor to see your fee statement. Remember that the University of Guelph charges by the semester. This payment is for fall only

  • If you have performed all the OSAP steps on time, 60% of your OSAP funding should be released the first week of September; the other 40% is released in the winter semester

  • In-course bursary and Work Study applications are due October 7. Visit the Student Financial Services website for more information

January:

  • Winter tuition is due January 12, 2018. Check your fee statement on WebAdvisor

  • The final 40% of your OSAP will be released. Make sure you have registered in your winter classes early. Your OSAP cannot be released if you are not enrolled

Contact Us:

Student Financial Services, 3rd level University Centre
Call 519-824-4120 X58715
Email fininfo@uoguelph.ca or awards@uoguelph.ca

University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1
Canada
519-824-4120