ID Requirements

You require government-issued photo ID and proof of your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to:

  • Have your OSAP password reset in our office
  • Retrieve your OAN (OSAP Access Number) if you have forgotten it

If you come to our office to make an inquiry about your OSAP account, you only need government-issued photo ID.

These requirements are pursuant to Ministry policy, and no exceptions can be made.

Acceptable Proof of Social Insurance Number

  • Social Insurance Card
  • Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada

Government-issued Photo ID

  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Permanent residency or citizenship card
  • Any other photo ID issued in Canada by federal, provincial or territorial governments
  • You are also required to bring your government photo ID for service at Student Financial Services