Bachelor of One Health (BOH)
Welcome to the Bachelor of One Health degree program! We are excited to welcome you to the University of Guelph. All first-year BOH students will be invited to attend a Degree Program Event in early September. We look forward to meeting you then.
You will only be selecting courses for the Fall 2023 semester (Semester 1) at this time.
As a BOH student, you will declare one of four Areas of Emphasis by the end of your first year. The Areas of Emphasis are:
- Culture, Society and Health (CSH)
- Disease, Complexity and Health (DCH)
- Environment, Food and Health (EFH)
- Policy, Economics and Health (PEH)
Although you are not required to declare an Area of Emphasis at this point, one of the courses you do select for the Fall semester will help you to explore and gain the necessary pre-requisite courses for the Areas of Emphasis.
If you are unsure which Area of Emphasis you wish to pursue, students can select the DCH or EFH course in the fall semester followed by one of the PEH or CSH courses in the winter semester. This will allow for maximum flexibility and choice following your first year of study. You can find out more about each of the Areas of Emphasis on the Bachelor of One Health website.
Picking your courses for Semester 1 (Fall 2023):
As a BOH student, you will select 2.5 credits (five courses) in your first semester. All students, regardless of the Area of Emphasis, should select the following four courses (2.0 credits):
- ANTH*1120 Biological Anthropology
- BIOL*1080 Biological Concepts of Health
- BIOL*1090 Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology
- GEOG*1220 Human Impact on the Environment
If you intend to pursue the DCH or EFH Area of Emphasis, select:
- CHEM*1040 General Chemistry I
If you intend to pursue the PEH or CSH Area of Emphasis, select one of:
- ECON*1050 Introductory Microeconomics
PSYC*1000 Introduction to Psychology
- It is important that you select your courses using WebAdvisor as soon as possible. Sections fill up quickly. Detailed instructions are available in the WebAdvisor Tutorial.
- Check your class schedule to ensure that there are no conflicts, and the course registrations have taken place successfully.
- Distance Education (DE01) courses have no scheduled class time as these courses are online.
- If you are a transfer student with transfer credits, contact the BOH & B.Sc. Academic Counselling Centre to schedule an appointment.
- For information about the Co-operative Education program, including requirements for students enrolled in Co-op and what to do if you're interested in applying for the program, visit the Co-operative Education page.
- If you experience difficulties, please contact the BOH Program Counsellor for assistance.
Contact InformationJessica Nayda
BOH Program Counsellor & Coordinator
Summerlee Science Complex, Room 1329
519-824-4120 Ext. 53788