Studying on a Letter of Permission at the University of Guelph

If you are a student studying at U of G on a Letter of Permission (LOP), your home institution has given you permission to take a specific course(s). When it comes time to enrol in courses and obtain Student Financial Account information, you will sign into WebAdvisor using the Central Login Account information that was previously provided to you. You can then visit the WebAdvisor Tutorial for instructions on how to enrol in your course(s).

WebAdvisor may not allow you to enrol in a course if the course has pre-requisites, as the system does not recognize credits earned at your home institution. If this is the case, you will need to request the approval of the course instructor to waive the pre-requisites. Course Waiver Request Forms are available on the Downloads webpage. Completed forms should be emailed to Please note that instructors are under no obligation to waive the pre-requisite(s) for their course(s).

If you have questions about course enrolment, we recommend that you contact a Program Counsellor.

For information about ordering a transcript after completing your U of G course(s), visit the Transcripts webpage.

Three students walking by the Summerlee Science Complex