Welcome to the University of Guelph!
The Registration Guide for New Students will help you prepare for your first semester as a University of Guelph student.
It includes details about how to select courses and pay your fees, and who to contact with your questions.
Selecting your courses for the fall
New students can enrol in courses from July 23 (starting at 8 a.m.) to September 18, 2020.
If you were granted transfer credits upon admission, you may be able to enrol earlier depending on the number of credits granted. Please check the course selection windows.
Students are encouraged to enrol in courses before August 4, 2020 because space may no longer be available in desired or required course sections after this date.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, your required courses for the Fall 2020 semester will not involve any face-to-face instruction. Courses will be delivered in an alternative delivery format through CourseLink and other online platforms. For more details about these alternative delivery formats and for information about how to determine the format of a course when searching for courses on WebAdvisor, visit the Fall 2020 Courses webpage.
Here’s how to enrol in courses:
- Visit the Program Information page for your program. If you are unsure of your program, check your offer letter.
- Review the information about the courses you should pick.
- Download the Class Schedule Work Sheet Grid. This will be helpful for selecting those courses/components that will have a scheduled meet time.
- Print, grab a pencil and get ready to pick your courses!
WebAdvisor is the University’s online registration system. It allows you to search for courses, read descriptions of the courses, and find out what day(s) and time(s) of day each course is offered (for courses/components that will have a scheduled meet time).
- Click “Log In” in the top right corner.
- Enter your Central Login ID and password. You will have received an email with your Login ID and password when you accepted your offer of admission or when you applied to U of G.
- Watch the video tutorial for step-by-step instructions on how to pick courses using WebAdvisor.
A Few Ideas:
Check out the Undergraduate Calendar
The University’s Undergraduate Calendar contains information you will need as a University of Guelph student.
The following chapters are helpful:
- I. Statement of Students' Academic Responsibilities
- III. Schedule of Dates
- VII. Academic Advising
- VIII. Undergraduate Degree Regulations and Procedures
- IX. Scholarships and Other Awards
- X. Degree Programs
- XII. Course Descriptions