Welcome to the Co-operative Education program! We look forward to working with you over the next few years as you gain relevant work experience, build professional networks and build essential skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
Are you enrolled in Co-op?
You are required to:
- achieve a minimum 70% cumulative average over your first two full-time semesters (minimum 2.00 credits in each semester) to be eligible to continue in the co-op program
- register for and pass COOP*1100, a mandatory one-semester course taken prior to your first employment process that prepares you for the co-op job search and work terms
- international co-op students are required to apply for and secure a co-op work permit immediately following their second semester (study permits alone do not cover co-op work terms)
Co-op is an optional program for which fees are applied. In addition to a co-op academic fee, students pay $270 for each co-op work term that is accepted. See the Student Financial Services website for up-to-date fee information.
Are you not currently enrolled in Co-op?
If you are interested in the Co-operative Education program, it is possible to apply once you have started your studies. The deadline for application will depend on your major.
- There must be room in the program to which you are applying.
- You must achieve a minimum 70% cumulative average over your first two full-time semesters (minimum 2.00 credits per semester).
- You must be considered first year in your program.
For further information:Co-operative Education & Career Services
(519) 824-4120, ext. 52323
Co-operative Education website