Welcome to the Co-operative Education program! We look forward to working with you over the next few years as you gain relevant work experience, build professional networks and build essential skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
Are you enrolled in Co-op?
You are required to:
- remain full-time in your studies (a minimum of 2.0 credits per semester is required unless an approved accommodation plan has been implemented due to a disability-related reason or extenuating medical, psychological or compassionate circumstances)
- register for and pass COOP*1100, a mandatory one-semester course that prepares you for the co-op job search and work terms, in the semester that is indicated in your Academic and Co-op Work Term Schedule
- international co-op students are required to apply for and secure a co-op work permit (study permits alone do not cover co-op work terms)
Co-op is an optional program for which fees are applied. Co-op students pay a co-op academic fee for eight academic semesters and a co-op work term fee all registered co-op work terms. See the Student Financial Services website for up-to-date fee information.
Important note for Associate Diploma in Turfgrass Management (DTM) students: Co-op is required for the DTM program. There is one co-op work term and four academic semesters. The mandatory one-semester co-op course for DTM students is COOP*1120.
Are you not currently enrolled in Co-op?
If you are interested in the Co-operative Education program, it is possible to apply once you have started your studies. The deadline for application depends on your major.
- You are in first year of one of the programs that offers co-op.
- You have a minimum of 70% or higher in your first-year courses (meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee your admittance to co-op).
- You are taking a full-time course load each semester (a minimum of 2.0 credits unless you have an approved accommodation plan due to a disability-related reason or extenuating medical, psychological or compassionate circumstances).
- There is currently space in the co-op program to which you're applying.
For further information:Experiential Learning Hub - Co-operative Education
(519) 824-4120, ext. 52323
Co-operative Education website