Soil Health Research Resources and Videos
The Soil Health Research Forum – Behavior Change, Baseline Data and Best Management Practices shared recent research findings related to soil health, spotlight projects supporting implementation of Ontario’s soil strategy and promote knowledge-sharing between researchers and decision-makers.
Presentations were provided by researchers from the University of Guelph, University of Waterloo, and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA). Keynote speaker Dr. J. Arbuckle joined the forum from Iowa State University. The researchers provided research findings, including those funded through OMAFRA open research programs and under the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance.
Watch the video recording of the event
Watch on YouTube until March 30, 2021.
- SOILS AT GUELPH
- Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA)
- ONFARM Update (Research Coordinator, Angela Straathof)
Additional soil health resources
- SOILS AT GUELPH Graduate Students
- Impact of long-term cover crops on soil health enhanced tomato productivity, plant health and fruit - YouTube (Jessica Awry, Advisor: Dr. Laura Van Eerd)
- Long-term effects of crop diversification on soil fungal communities - YouTube (Willian Milson, Advisor: Kari Dunfield)
- Ontario Diagnostic Days (2020)
- GFO Graintalk
- 6C’s for Soil Health (Dr. Laura Van Eerd)
- Cover Crop Management: Part 1: Cover Crops 101 by Anne Verhallen, and (2) Controlling CC and Weeds by Kris McNaughton
- GrainTALK: Penalty of Poor Rotation - YouTube (Moderated Panel)
- GrainTALK: Rotation Impacts on Soil Health and Microbes - YouTube (Moderated Panel)
- Ontario Soil network
- Farm & Foodcare Soil Health
- Case Studies
- Videos: stay tuned!
- Social Networks for Healthy Soils
- Soil Health Institute Conference 2020 (all videos here)
- Celebrating 65 years of crop rotation research at the Elora Research Station and Ridgetown Campus