Emergencies are generally unexpected and can disrupt University operations and academic activities. As a member of the University community, you should be aware of potential risks and hazards and know how to be self-sufficient during the first few minutes of any emergency on campus. The campus emergency coordinator (CEC) seeks to improve resilience through risk identification, mitigation, preparedness planning, education, response coordination and recovery.
The campus emergency coordinator oversees the following programs:
- Emergency response planning and coordination
- Emergency preparedness training and education
- Severe weather monitoring and response
- Emergency alerts and notification systems
- Business continuity planning
To learn more about the University of Guelph’s emergency response plan, read the Emergency Management Plan.
If you have questions or concerns about emergency planning at the University of Guelph, please contact the campus emergency coordinator at CEC@uoguelph.ca.