What is an evacuation?
An evacuation is a precaution in which everyone leaves the threatened area and goes to the safest and closest refuge. Notification of an evacuation will be initiated by the University.
- Activate nearest fire alarm
- Proceed to nearest exit
- Call 911
- Use stairs, not elevators
- Assist persons with disabilities
- Meet at designated assembly area
- Account for individuals
- Re-enter area only when authorized by emergency personnel
When is evacuation necessary?
Emergencies that may require an evacuation include:
- bomb threats
- hazardous material incident
- structural damage
Know your building. Be aware of all evacuation routes out of your building.
How to get help on campus
It is very important to know during any emergency how to get help on campus.