U of G Alert Guest
U of G Alert for Non-Registered Users / Visitors to Campus
U of G Alert is the University’s emergency notification system. It sends alert messages when an emergency happens on campus.
If you are on campus and don’t have a U of G Alert account, you can still receive these alert messages.
- Non-registered users refer to contractors, guests, volunteers and OpenEd students
- Visitors to campus include conference attendees, athletic centre members or anyone who is on campus on a regular basis or for a defined period of time
- Parents with children attending camp
There are two ways to get alert messages:
- By following @UofGAlert on Twitter with the option to have the tweets sent to your mobile phone as an SMS text. Instructions on how to get @uofalert tweets as SMS texts
- Installing the Everbridge Mobile app (iOS & Android) and selecting the “Explore the map” option to receive alerts while ON CAMPUS ONLY. Alerts will only be received through the Everbridge app when the visitor is physically on campus or enters the area surrounding the campus while an alert is in progress. Location services for the app must be set to “Always Allow”. Alerts will NOT be received while you are not on or near the Guelph campus.
Questions regarding visitor access should be directed to the campus emergency coordinator at email@example.com.