Guelph Campus Conservation
This project aims to:
- Return native plants to the University of Guelph campus landscape through establishing targeted native plant gardens in several areas of interest identified through past student research and input from our University of Guelph Grounds department.
- Increase the connectivity between the University of Guelph's key greenspaces through these target plantings. These gardens will serve as habitat, foraging resources, and corridors for wildlife, especially for pollinators and other beneficial insects.
- Enhance our campus's natural landscape to foster a healthy ecosystem on campus that is resilient to climate change.
- Communicate the importance of native plants and urban biodiversity to the general University of Guelph community and the broader public in a digestible and engaging manner.
- Create a regenerating source of locally grown native plant seeds to further our efforts to return native plants to our campus landscape.