Electronic Waste (E-Waste)

What is considered E-Waste?

E-waste is any damaged or obsolete item that operates on batteries or plugs into a wall.

If you would like to request the delivery of an E-Waste Bin or the pickup of an E-Waste Bin, please email wo@pr.uoguelph.ca.

The email must include the following information:

Subject: E-Waste Bin Request               
Name: Primary contact who will be arranging the e-waste bin exchange
Building: bldg. # and bldg. name  
Room #: 
Specific Instructions: 

Example Email:

To: wo@pr.uoguelph.ca 
Subject: E-Waste Bin Request, J.C. Hersey Building 

Name: Brandon Raco ext. 53723
Building: 060, J.C. Hersey Building 
Room # : 010 
Specific Instructions: Please deliver 1 Small E-Waste Bin, Room 010. If the room is locked, the Administrative Assistant can open the door. 

Laboratory Equipment

Unwanted or damaged lab equipment must be disposed of through the lab equipment decommissioning process. This is run by Environmental Health and Safety, ext.53282 or lab.safety@uoguelph.ca. 

Inkjet and Toner Cartridges

Please see our page on toner cartridge recycling for more detailed instructions, or visit our waste wizard.

Off-campus Options

Electronic waste can be dropped off to take-back programs at several retailers and service locations around the City of Guelph. For an up-to-date list, visit recycleyourelectronics.ca.

If you are unsure if an item is recyclable, please check on the City of Guelph's Waste Wizard