Assessments Done Over the Summer Months in Preparation for University Entrance
If you are updating your assessment over the summer months in preparation for university entrance - AND - you are approved for the Ontario Student Assistance Plan (OSAP) you may be eligible for funding through the BSWD/CSG-PDSE for all or part of the cost of the assessment.
Students wishing to access funding for their assessment are responsible for meeting the requirements and deadlines outlined for funding. Details can be found on the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities website at the links below.
- Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD)
- Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilties (CSG-PDSE)
Please direct any questions you may have about this funding to Student Financial Services.
Who is eligible for funding for an LD assessment?
To apply for BSWD and CSG-PDSE funding:
- you must be approved for OSAP for the Fall semester in which you enter university;
- you must obtain prior written approval from the LD Specialist before beginning your assessment. You will be asked to provide a copy of the documentation you currently have, or you may need to be screened for eligibility;
- the assessment must be completed between March 1 and Aug 31st of the year you enter U of G; *
- the assessment must meet the criteria for documentation outlined by the U of G; and
- the assessment must result in the diagnosis of a learning disability.
* We ask that the assessment be done by someone on our referral list. This list is available from the LD Specialist.
How to apply for the BSWD/CSG-PDSE:
Eligible students may apply for reimbursement for part or all of the cost of the assessment when they arrive on campus in the Fall semester. If you will be updating your assessment over the summer months – and – you believe that you can meet the conditions outlined above, please contact the LD Specialist to discuss your eligibility before starting your assessment.