Librarian in Residence every Tuesday starting September 19th
Date and Time
CBS is pleased to announce that we are partnering with the Library on a new initiative that will bring the expertise and resources available in the Library right to our door step! Starting Tuesday, September 19th, research and scholarship librarian Ali Veslui will be spending time in the college on a weekly basis. She will be available for drop-in consultations on a range of supports that the library can provide to faculty and graduate students on campus, including the following:
- Understanding the publishing process (how it works, considerations, identifying appropriate and reputable journals)
- Ways to make your work open access
- Measuring the impact of your research or the research of others using traditional and alternative metrics [including h-index, altmetrics, citation counts and other tools]
- Creating an online scholarly identity
- Understanding and negotiating your copyright and author rights (including the analysis of contracts)
- Compliance with Tri-Agency Open Access requirements
- Conducting systematic, scoping, and other research synthesis reviews
All drop-in sessions will take place Tuesdays from 10:30-12 pm in SSC 3483 (excluding the weeks of October 9th and November 6th).
The Library offers many highly useful (and often underutilized) resources and this is a great opportunity to learn more about what the Library can do for you and your research program.