LIVE STREAM: MCB's Dr. Emma Allen-Vercoe presents at the 2017 Gairdner Laureate Symposium
Date and Time
Live Stream Video
MCB's Dr. Emma Allen-Vercoe will be presenting at this year's Gairdner Foundation’s annual research symposium.
The Gairdner Foundation’s annual research symposia convene world-renowned scientists to discuss relevant global health topics and share their cutting-edge research with audiences.
The theme of Gairdner’s 2017 Friday Symposium is “New frontiers in targeted therapies for human health,” with each of our six speakers presenting on a variety of related topics:
- Emma Allen-Vercoe, Ph.D: “Bugs as drugs: modifying the human gut microbiome with ‘microbial ecosystem therapeutics”
- Michael LaFlamme, M.D., Ph.D: “Heart regeneration with pluripotent stem cells”
- Hans Clevers, M.D., Ph.D: “Stem cell-grown organoids as models for human disease”
- Helen Hobbs, M.D., Ph.D: “Simple genetics for a complex disease: getting to the heart of the matter”
- Adrian Krainer, Ph.D: “Nusinersen (SpinrazaTM): The First FDA Approved Treatment for SMA”
- Michel Sadelain, M.D., Ph.D: “Therapeutic T cell engineering: CD19 CAR therapy and beyond”