The University of Guelph Grant Agreement may be used with any research sponsor who does not seek the right to restrict or delay the dissemination of the results of the research; does not seek any rights to intellectual property resulting from the research; and does not seek a warranty with respect to a standard of performance. Sponsors must agree to the grant agreement terms “as is”. If a research sponsor wishes to negotiate terms appearing in the University of Guelph grant agreement, a Research Contract will be required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
* Please note that if you are leveraging sponsor funds now (e.g. NSERC Collaborative Research and Development Grants, Ontario Centres of Excellence, etc.), or planning to leverage the funds in the future, the University of Guelph Grant Agreement template cannot be used. Please contact the Office of Research Services or Carolyn Dowling-Osborn, Senior Grants and Contracts Manager, for a template that suits your research needs and takes into account the requirements of the multiple funding sponsors.
The procedure for use of the University of Guelph Grant Agreement is as follows:
- Principal Investigator submits to the Office of Research Services at University Centre, Room 437 (hard copy format) or at email@example.com (electronic format) a signed, complete OR-5 Form with project plan of work and budget, with the notation “University of Guelph Grant Agreement”.
- Office of Research Services completes the University of Guelph Grant Agreement template and sends it to Principal Investigator for review and approval.
- Upon receipt of Principal Investigator’s approval, Office of Research Services sends the completed Grant Agreement to sponsor for review and approval.
- Upon receipt of sponsor’s approval, Office of Research Services has the Grant Agreement signed by Principal Investigator and University of Guelph signing officers, and sends the partially executed Grant Agreement to sponsor for signing.
- Upon receipt of the fully executed Grant Agreement from sponsor, Office of Research Services sends to Principal Investigator a copy of the fully executed Grant Agreement as well as the signed OR-5 Form.
Note that the Grant Agreement and signatures will be transmitted by electronic transmission unless the sponsor requires originals.
For More Information
Carolyn Dowling-Osborn, Senior Manager, Grants & Contracts
Office of Research, Research Support Services