SponsorSupported by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and led by London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
A research grants programme directed at accelerating the development of innovative and interdisciplinary metrics and methods and tools to advance the scientific understanding of the linkages between agriculture and food systems and health and nutrition outcomes, in order to better inform policy and programmatic actions to improve nutrition outcomes in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have the ability to conduct research of international standards of excellence in the topic proposed.
- Researchers and institutions from both developed countries and LMICs are eligible to apply.
- The proposed research must be strongly linked to agriculture and food systems in LMICs; partnerships with institutions in those countries will strengthen applications.
- Applicants may submit more than one application, provided each application is scientifically distinct.
This work stream of the IMMANA programme will consist of 15-20 research grants being awarded in two rounds (up to £3.8 million over two rounds).
Maximum Project Value
up to £250,000 per grant
The recommended duration is two to three years. An application submitted in response to this funding opportunity must be completed by January 2019.
- There is an FAQ section on the IMMANA website that will be updated regularly – it is recommended that applicants check in on a weekly basis.
- A list of low and middle income countries can be found on the World Bank website
- CONCEPT MEMOS - INTERNAL DEADLINE to Office of Research Services: Please submit your application/proposal, along with an OR-5 Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14, 2014.
- FULL APPLICATION - INTERNAL DEADLINE to Office of Research Services: Please submit your application/proposal, along with an OR-5 Form to email@example.com by February 6, 2014.
- CONCEPT MEMOS - EXTERNAL DEADLINE to sponsor: November 21, 2014 by 11:59 PM GMT (please note time zone
- FULL APPLICATION - EXTERNAL DEADLINE to sponsor: February 20, 2015
How To Apply
The submission requirements for a Concept Memo are detailed on page 7 of the call document. Selected applicants will be invited to submit full applications.
Applicants must submit proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least 5 days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).