Ethics submission are ‘signed’ by submitting an attestation.
Attestations are required for Initial Submissions, Amendment Requests, and Annual Renewals.
The principal investigator (see TCPS2(2018) Glossary), must attest to the above ethics submissions.
There are three options for submitting the attestation for the Initial Submission:
Create a jpeg of the PI’s signature and insert it on the signature line of the REBApp.
Sign the last page of the REBApp, scan it, and submit it as a .pdf with the submission email.
- Send an email from the PI’s @uoguelph.ca account in which they cut and paste the following:
I acknowledge that, as required by TCPS2, I am responsible for ensuring that the consent process as described in this application is followed and I am responsible for the actions of any member of the research team involved in the consent process. I have read and am responsible for the content of this application. If any changes are made in the above arrangements or procedures, or adverse events are observed, I will bring these to the attention of the ETHICS OFFICE.
In the subject line, quote the project title to which this email will be attached
For Amendment Submissions and Annual Renewals, the Principal Investigator must, in an email from the PI’s @uoguelph.ca account, copy and paste the appropriate attestation wording.
The wording for the Amendment Request attestation:
- I have reviewed this Amendment for submission and the information within is acceptable and ready for REB review.
- If a student has been added to this protocol, their CORE tutorial certificate has been uploaded.
- All project personnel have reviewed and are in agreement with the contents of this submission.
The wording for the Annual Renewal attestation:
- I have reviewed this Annual Renewal and the information within is acceptable and ready for REB review.
- I will continue to be bound by the terms of the assurance provided on the original application for research ethics approval.
In the subject line for all submissions, quote the project title to which this email will be attached and send to firstname.lastname@example.org