About the GSA
The mission of the Graduate Students' Association (GSA) is to advance the academic and social goals of the graduate students of the University of Guelph through advocacy, social, and financial resources.
The goals of the GSA are:
- to represent responsibly the interest of the University of Guelph graduate students to the wider campus, municipal, provincial, national, and global communities;
- to improve the well-being of its members; and
- to advocate for the quality and accessibility of graduate education at the University of Guelph.
Who is a member of the GSA?
Full-time or part-time graduate students are members of the GSA. Starting in Fall 2019, students who opt-in to the GSA are members. Students may have to show their WebAdvisor account to access services.
The GSA is your official representative at the University of Guelph. Whether in negotiations with university administration, participation on various university committees, or through interaction with other student organizations on campus, the GSA is making sure the interests of graduate students are taken into consideration.
NOTE: Graduate students on leave during the Summer 2020 semester are not members of the GSA.
GSA Governing Body
The GSA Constitution and Bylaws are available for download.
GSA Board of Directors
The GSA is operated by a Board of Directors consisting of an elected Executive Committee and two elected General Directors from each department on campus.
Meetings of the GSA Board are held once per month and are open to all GSA members. The GSA Board Meetings Schedule, Agendas and Minutes are available for download.
GSA Standing Committees:
The GSA has a number of standing committees to help serve the graduate student community. They include, but are not limited to, the:
- By-laws and Constitution Committee
- Finance Committee
- Social Outreach Committee
CSA & CSA/GSA Committees:
- CSA Services Oversight
- CSA/GSA Student Health & Dental Plan Committee
- CSA/GSA Transit Committee
The GSA is represented on the following University committees:
- Admissions and Progress Board of Graduate Studies
- Alcohol Interest Group
- Animal Care Committee
- Anti-Hate Committee
- Athletics Advisory Council
- Better Planet Project Student Council
- Co-Curricular Transcript Advisory Group
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Energy Conservation Working Group
- Graduate Student Learning Initiative (GSLI)
- Hospitality Services Advisory Committee
- Human Rights Advisory Group
- Information Technology Student Advisory Committee
- Judicial Committee
- Library Master Plan Committee
- Mitchell Building Steering Committee
- Off-Campus Living Advisory Committee
- OUTline Advisory Council
- Parking & Traffic Appeals Committee
- Special Grants/Speaker's Fund
- Student Executive Council
- Student Health Advisory Group
- Student Life Award Committee
- Student Life Awards Committee - Gordon Nixon Award
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Financial Services Committee
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee - Career Services
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee - Counselling Services
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee - Library Learning Commons
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee - Student Help & Advocacy Centre
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee - Student Life
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee - Student Life Enhancement Fund
- University Centre Board
- Women's Campus Safety Initiative
More information about GSA Committees and their representatives can be found on the GSA Committees page.