What is the difference between CUPE and the GSA?

The GSA works to advance the academic and social goals of the graduate students at the University of Guelph through advocacy, social, and financial resources. The GSA is the recognized primary graduate student government body, as such the GSA is the organization that is recognized by the University to seek grad student members on academic boards and committees.

CUPE acts as a liaison for teaching assistants and sessional lecturers through a Collective Agreement that regulates the terms and conditions of the employment of members of the Local's bargaining units.

The GSA and CUPE 3913 are autonomous from one another at the University of Guelph.