The University of Guelph offers many academic resources and academic programming.
Featured Academic Programming
- Studying and Time Management Appointments
- Book an online or in-person appointment.
- Appointments address creating a study plan, managing a heavy courseload, reducing procrastination, taking effective notes, and studying for exams.
- Can’t make an appointment? Visit Studying Resources and Workshops for links to handouts, videos, and other guides.
- Join the Academic Action Program
- Work with an academic coach to identify your goals, create a realistic academic action plan, and build skills and reach your goals.
- Read more about the Academic Action Program.
AN UPDATE FROM WRITING SERVICES:
Meet with our student writing consultants virtually or in-person to ask questions, get advice, and talk through your ideas. You can choose 25-minute or 50-minute sessions to suit your needs. Visit the Library website to book an appointment.
Appointments become visible (bookable) up to one week in advance, so if you don’t see an open timeslot, please check back the next day!
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
WRITING RESOURCES AND GROUPS
- Brainfood Workshops (self-directed) is a collection of materials for upper-year undergrad and graduate students. Topics include writing literature reviews, practicing time management, doing research, paraphrasing from sources, improving presentation skills, and much more. Self-register on Courselink.
- Virtual Writing Café brings writers together to work in 25-minute increments with 5-minute breaks between work periods. Register for the Virtual Writing Café on the library workshops calendar.
- Writing Tune-Up Online (self-directed) provides workshop materials to help students learn grammar rules while building general academic writing skills. Self-register on Courselink.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUPPORT
Writing Services offers programs for English language learners who are enrolled in degree programs. Please visit English Language Support for details.
- English language appointments are available for English language learners who want to discuss their ideas and written compositions before submitting their assignments. Appointments can also focus on reading, listening, and oral communication skills.
ONLINE WRITING RESOURCES
Our writing resources (guides, templates, and videos) are designed to help academic writers at various stages of their writing process. Some of the topics include grammar, style, citations, plagiarism, literature reviews, lab reports, and much more. This collection also includes resources to help writers in the pre-writing and revising stages because writing and research is an iterative process.
- Academic Writing
- Writing in the Sciences Interactive Modules
- Citations and Bibliographies
- Gathering and Reading the Literature
- Inclusive and Antiracist Writing
- Please also see interactive modules at writeonline.ca
- Find all library workshop descriptions on our Workshops page.
- Browse all upcoming workshops and register by visiting our Events and Workshops Calendar.
- For all appointments offered in the Library, visit the Book an Appointment page.
- Find out more on the Library website and visit Writing Services at Writing Resources & Workshops.
*For support with time management, presentation skills, notetaking, exam preparation, and much more, contact Learning Services, check out Studying Resources & Workshops or contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.