News and Important Updates
The BA Counselling Office staff are currently working from home. We are offering e-advising via email@example.com.
For 2019 Novel Coranvirus Information, see the University's official update website: https://news.uoguelph.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus-information/
FAQ’s page by Student Wellness:
- Face-to-face classes will be cancelled for one week beginning Monday, March 16, to provide faculty and other instructors and academic support staff with preparation time to deliver course content in an alternative way, including technology modified formats.
- Courses will resume Monday, March 23, but in an alternative-format delivery; no face-to-face classes will be held for the remainder of the winter 2020 semester. We appreciate the support of faculty and other instructors in their efforts to create alternative forms of instruction.
- The winter 2020 semester will be extended for one week; the last day of class and the last day to drop a course is April 9. The last day of classes is now April 9, 2020.
- Final exams will be conducted in a modified format; the final exam period will be extended.
- The University is actively working to create a new final exam schedule. Details are still forthcoming, but we can confirm that exams will not begin before Monday, April 13. We expect that the revised final exam schedule will be posted online and on WebAdvisor on April 3, 2020. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Support is available to help in this transition: Learning Services continues to offer appointments (online only) and has created a short resource guide, Transitioning to Online Learning during COVID-19.
Online appointments address:
- Creating and sticking to a schedule
- Reducing procrastination
- Adjusting to and preparing for online exam formats
- Giving presentations online
Information regarding co-op: https://www.recruitguelph.ca/cecs/news/2020/03/changes-experiential-learning-services-amid-covid-19
- Summer 2020 course offerings will be posted on WebAdvisor on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- The "add period" or course selection period for Summer 2020 begins on Monday March 2, 2020
- The final exam schedule for Summer 2020 courses on the Guelph campus will be posted on Webadvisor on April 30, 2020
- The first day of Summer 2020 classes is Thursday, May 7, 2020
- The last day to add courses for Summer 2020 is Friday, May 15, 2020
The full "Schedule of Dates" can be found in the Undergraduate Calendar.
Deferred Examination Information
Deferred exams for the Fall 2019 semester have now concluded. Students who require a deferred exam for the Winter 2020 semester must contact the BA Counselling office.
First Year Course Selection
Bachelor of Arts Counselling Office
50 Stone Road East, MacKinnon 130
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Monday through Friday 8:30am - 12:00 and 1:00pm - 4:30
To book an appointment please contact our front desk:
Phone: (519) 824-4120 X-52140
**A limited number of drop-in appointments are available with a Program Counsellor most days. Please check with our front desk for availability.**