Consult the Office of Diversity & Human Rights
- Consult the Office of Diversity & Human Rights (DHR)
- The Ontario Human Rights Code is for everyone. It is a provincial law that gives everybody equal rights and opportunities without discrimination in areas such as jobs, housing and services.
- The Code’s goal is to prevent discrimination and harassment because of race, sex, disability and age, to name a few of the 17 grounds. All other Ontario laws and University policies must agree with the Code.
- The University of Guelph expresses its commitment to the maintenance of human dignity, of individuals and groups of individuals through its Human Rights Policy (“Policy”) which is supplemental to the Code.
- The Office of Diversity & Human Rights (DHR) is responsible for providing advice under the Policy and its Procedures, and managing its complaint processes in a consistent, timely, impartial and fair manner.
- If you think your rights under the Code have been violated, or if you just have a question, you are invited to contact DHR for assistance or direction.
AVP, Diversity and Human Rights
Accessibility (AODA) & Employment Equity
Training, Education and Inclusion Officer
Communications, Events & Social Media Officer
Human Rights Advisor
Office of Diversity and Human Rights (DHR) Contact Information
- 15 University Avenue East
- Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- N1G 2W1
- 519-824-4120 x53000
Appointments are recommended but not required. Walk ins are welcome.