Benefits to Engaging Students in Your Organization
Whether employing University of Guelph students or involving them in other experiential learning opportunities, community partners and employers benefit in several ways, including:
- Meeting short-term hiring needs for peak-work periods, special projects, or staff leaves at a lower cost.
- Developing a stronger and reciprocal relationship with the University of Guelph, which can support the host organization.
- Gaining capacity to complete projects that may be limited by time or resources of organization staff.
- Developing connections with potential hires, volunteers, or board members.
- Using the experiential learning opportunity as an avenue of bringing community voices and concerns to the university.
- Qualifying for a variety of funds and tax incentives for hiring students.