Appointed Officer Positions with the GSA are Open
The GSA is recruiting 2 Appointed Officers for the Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 semesters. If you are interested in applying for either GSA Chair, or GSA CRO (Chief Returning Officer), please send a resume to the GSA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline is Wednesday, September 26, 4:30 p.m.
Questions can be directed to Amber Hutchinson GSA V.P. Internal email@example.com, or Erin Angus GSA Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
A brief description of each role according to the GSA Constitution & By-Laws (7.1 & 7.2):
Appointed officers must be current members of the GSA - full or part-time graduate students, registered during their term of Office.
The responsibilities of the Chair of the GSA Board of Directors:
- To preside over all meetings of the Board of Directors and the Annual General Meeting
- To oversee General Meetings of the GSA according to Robert’s Rules of Order and the By-Laws
- To, in conjunction with the Vice-President Internal, enforce the By-Laws at meetings of the GSA
- To have a working knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order and the By-Laws
- The Chair may not stand for election or hold an elected seat on the Board of Directors and may not be a member of any GSA committees while holding the position of Chair.
The responsibilities of the Chief Returning Officer (CRO):
- To preside over all GSA elections, by-elections, and referenda
- To have a working knowledge of the By-Laws. The CRO may not stand for election on the Board of Directors or hold an elected Executive position during their tenure.