Updates from the Strategic Planning Committee
Stay informed on Lang's Strategic Planning process.
In February 2021, Lang's Strategic Planning Committee was formed to make recommendations to the Dean's Office regarding specific priorities related to the planning process. The Committee includes a mixture of Lang faculty, staff and students. There are two sub-committees that have been formed and are chaired by the Associate Deans. These sub-committees include an undergraduate student experience sub-committee chaired by Associate Dean (Academic), Sara Mann and a graduate and executive student experience sub-committee chaired by Associate Dean (Research & Graduate Studies) Sean Lyons.
Check back often for updates from the Strategic Planning Committee.
Updates from the Strategic Planning Committee:
- February 2021: The Strategic Planning Committee was formed.
- April 2021: The Lang School held a virtual retreat where brainstorming sessions were held to generate meaningful discussion to help guide the planning process.
- June 2021: Review of Retreat Data and Benchmarking Planning (SP committee)
- August 2021: Review of Benchmarking Results and Feedback (SP committee)
- September 2021: Presentation of Mission, Vision, and Values based on Retreat Data (SP committee)
- October 12 and 26 2021: Two Strategic Planning Townhalls (All Lang faculty and staff invited)
- Follow up survey with additional feedback and information was circulated
- January 10, 2022: Overview of Working Group Reports, Faculty Hiring, Recruitment and Retention Survey Results, and EDI Report (SP Committee)
- Winter 2022: Working groups on graduate and undergraduate experiences (each had broad representation from across Lang) finalized their reports with their recommendations.
- Recommendations were taken to student focus groups to review, feedback, and adjusted accordingly throughout Winter 2022
- March – June 2022: Stakeholder engagement: Groups across Lang reviewed various elements of the recommendations (as relevant to their portfolios), to help develop goals, objectives, tactics, and KPIs. Drafting of one plan and document begins.
- September – October 2022: Stakeholder engagement with a first draft of the plan, including Dean’s Council, Strategic Planning Committee, Lang Advisory Board.
- November 2022: Feedback from stakeholder engagement is integrated into the plan.
- December 2022: Townhall to be hosted to share full draft of the strategic plan. Check your email for more information.
Strategic Planning Committee Members:
- Sara Mann, Dean & Chair of Committee, Chair of Sub-Committee - Undergraduate student experience
- Gregory Bauer, Associate Dean (Strategic Partnerships)
- Sean Lyons, Associate Dean (Research & Graduate Studies) & Chair of Sub-Committee - Graduate and executive student experience
- Lysa Porth, Professor & Former Chair of Committee
- Paul Anglin, Professor, Department of Marketing and Consumer Studies
- Felix Arndt, Associate Professor, Department of Management
- Rumina Dhalla, Associate Professor, Department of Management
- Erin Doherty, John F. Wood Centre for Business and Student Enterprise
- Jacqueline Hamilton, Director, Accreditation, Curriculum Development, and Learning Innovation
- Louise Hayes, Assistant Professor, Department of Management
- Heidi Huisman, Associate Director, Finance and Operations
- Stephen Kosempel, Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Economics and Finance
- Kelly Mac Donald, PhD Student
- Tanya Mark, Associate Professor, Department of Marketing and Consumer Studies
- Louise McIntyre, Administrative Officer (support to committee)
- Sandeep Mishra, Associate Professor, Department of Management
- Jonathan Parkes, BComm Student
- Ann Pegoraro, Professor, School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management
- Thomas Sasso, Assistant Professor, Department of Management
- Simon Somogyi, Associate Professor, School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management
- Ilias Tsiakas, Professor, Department of Economics and Finance