“Day in the Life” Panel Series – Accounting
Date and Time
Peter Clark Hall, Level 0, University Centre
Join the College of Business and Economics for a panel discussion event called "Day in the Life", one of a series of events being hosted throughout January and February geared toward specific commerce degree programs. All Commerce students are encouraged and welcome to attend any of these presentations!
This event will provide a unique opportunity for students to gain valuable insight into the accounting field by hearing from alumni and industry reps who will share their experiences and information about the company they work for. This panel presentation and interactive discussion will give students the chance to ask questions to learn “what it’s really like” from individuals working in the industry in which they hope to start their careers.
What you will get from the event:
- A better understanding of the CPA process, presented by a representative from CPA Ontario
- An appreciation of the types of career opportunities available in accounting
- An understanding of what it takes to get a job in accounting
- An appreciation of the importance of networking
- Advice on making the most of your time at university
- Guidance on getting through professional exams
Panelists will include:
- Will Balkovec, CPA, CMA, Accounting Manager, Linamar Corporation
- Kevin McLeod, CPA, CA, Senior Associate, Assurance, PwC Canada
- Rishan Sathasivam, CPA, CA, Manager, Project Risk, MarshallZehr
- Ryan Vader, CPA candidate, Intermediate Financial Analyst, Manulife Bank of Canada
This panel presentation will take place on Tuesday, January 24 from 5:30–7:00 pm in Peter Clark Hall, Level 0, University Centre.
Space is limited. Register for this event on the RecruitGuelph website (you will be prompted to access your Recruit Guelph account using your central login ID).
About the Business Career Development Centre
The Business Career Development Centre offers tailored career assistance to business students at the University of Guelph. It provides access to workshops, events and services including mentoring and networking opportunities, one-on-one career coaching, and assistance building your professional online presence. For more information, visit the Business Career Development Centre web page.