Excel 1: Core Data Analysis with the Marquee Group
Date and Time
Virtual via Zoom
Excel 1: Core Data Analysis (For B.Comm Students ONLY)
This is a full day seminar that combines interactive discussions with hands-on Excel computer work.
Date: Saturday, November 4th, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cost: $26.55 + HST ($30 total)
Location: Zoom Virtual Conference
- This course has been designed specifically to prepare participants for the rigor and expectations of manipulating and synthesizing data in a business environment
- Assignments, handouts and examples will be used throughout the session
- Students should have a strong working knowledge of Excel prior to taking this course
- Transforms participants into Excel "Power Users"
- Bridges the gap between academic course work and real-world application
- Prepares students for employment in the business world
- Covers topics included in the training provided by major banks and corporations
- Individualized attention from instructors
- Experiences instructors are seasoned financial professionals
- Use numerous built-in Excel functions to interpret and manipulate data
- Use various filters in conjunction with specific arithmetic functions to summarize large volumes of data
- Use Lookup functions to efficiently extract information
- Create nested formulas to expand a functions' flexibility
- Incorporate widely used financial and arithmetic functions
- Use powerful Text functions to manipulate non-numeric variables
- Use logical functions to create complex formulas
- Become proficient with Pivot Tables to quickly analyze and format large quantities of data
- Learn to use many valuable keyboard shortcuts
Register for the course here! Registration is set to close at 11:59 p.m. on October 31st, for us to adequately prepare for the session.
About the Business Career Development Centre
The Business Career Development Centre (BCDC) offers tailored career support to business students at the University of Guelph. The BCDC provides access to workshops, events and services including mentoring and networking opportunities, one-on-one career coaching, and assistance building your professional online presence. The BCDC strives to ensure the legitimacy of external events and workshops posted we promote to students. As a participant in any event or workshop, we encourage you to exercise due diligence, and research the integrity of the organization(s) prior to attending. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.