2018 Ph.D. University of Guelph: Management
College of Business and Economics
Department of Management
2013 M.A. University of New Haven: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Concentration in Organizational Development
Certification in Human Resource Management
2011 B.S. (honors) St. Lawrence University: Psychology
2018 Elliot, S., McAdams, B., & LeBlanc, J. (2018). Drive by my Cellar Door: Rethinking the Benefits of Wine Tourism in Niagara. Tourism Analysis. Special issue on Wine and Culinary Tourism Futures. In Press.
2017 Burga, R., LeBlanc, J., & Rezania, D. Analysing the effects of teaching approach on engagement, satisfaction and future time perspective among students in a course on CSR (2017). The International Journal of Management Education. 15, 306-317.DOI:10.1016/j. ijme.2017.02.003.
2017 Flaherty, J., McAdams, B.G., and LeBlanc, J.E. (2017) "Words Matter: the Impact of “Catchy” vs Conventional Course Titles on Student Interest," The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: 8(1), Article 4. Available at: http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cjsotl_rcacea/vol8/iss1/4.
2017 Aung, M., Bahramirad, S., Burga, R., Hayhoe, M., Huang, S., LeBlanc, J. Sense-Making Accountability: A Netnographic Study of an Online Public Perspective. Social and Environmental Accountability Journal, 37(1), 18-32. DOI:10.1080/0969160X.2017.1284601.
2016 Huang, S., LeBlanc, J., & Choi, H.S. (2016). How do Chinese Tourists Differ from Caucasian Tourists? An Empirical Study from the Perspective of Tourists’ Self-Concept. International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 16(4), 222-237.
Peer Reviewed Book Chapters
- Lyons, S.T, & LeBlanc, J. (2018). “Generational Identity in the Workplace: Toward Understanding and Empathy”. Creating Psychologically Healthy Workplaces. R. Burke & A. Richardsen (Editors). United Kingdom. Edward Elgar. In Press.
Manuscripts in Review
- LeBlanc, J., Burga, R., & Rezania, D. Evaluating Significant Learning Experiences: Preparing Students to Work in the Changing Labour Market. First round: Journal of Management Education.
Manuscripts in Progress
- McAdams, B., Flaherty, J., & LeBlanc, J. A Qualitative Inquiry into Hospitality Students’ Preferences During Course Title Selection. Target: Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education.
- LeBlanc, J., & Lyons, S. Helicopter Parents and Their Indecisive Kids: The Impact of Parental Attachment on Millennials’ Early Careers. Target: Emerging Adulthood.
- Burga, R., LeBlanc, J., & Rezania, D. Preparing Students for the Changing Labour Market: Creating Significant Learning Experiences. Target: International Journal of Project Management.
- LeBlanc, J., McAdams, B., & Flaherty, J. Picking a Course Title: Motives Underlying Student Course Title Selection. Target: The Journal of Higher Education.
- Flaherty, J., LeBlanc, J., & McAdams, B. Evaluating Students’ Preferences for Catchy and Conventional Course Titles. Target: International Journal of Educational Research.
- Exploring the Consequences of Helicopter Parenting on Career Identity and Adaptability in Contemporary Emerging Adults. Advisor: Dr. Sean Lyons
Primary Research Interests
- The consequences of parental attachment bonds and parenting styles on early career development.
- Antecedents and consequences of career adaptability and vocational identity status.
- Student-life balance associated with caregiving responsibilities (eldercare and disability care most specifically) and the effects of such responsibilities on early career development. This includes individuals currently providing care, either formally or informally, as well as those anticipating caregiving responsibilities in the future (physical, financial or psychological care).
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Student course title selection; Student engagement.
Refereed Conference Presentations
LeBlanc, J., & Lyons, S. (2018). The Effects of Helicopter Parenting on Career Identity and Adaptability. International Society for the Study of Work and Organizational Values (ISSWOV) Conference. Trieste, Italy, July 1-4, 2018.
LeBlanc, J., Burga., R., & Rezania, D. (2018). Evaluating Significant Learning Experiences: Preparing Students to Work in the Changing Labour Market. International Society for the Study of Work and Organizational Values (ISSWOV) Conference. Trieste, Italy, July 1-4, 2018.
Bahramirad S., & LeBlanc, J. (2018). Socializing Processes of Accountability in Open Government. Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Annual Conference. Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 26-29, 2018.
LeBlanc, J., McAdams, B., & Flaherty, J. (2018). Do Course Titles Matter? Student Preferences and Perceptions Re Conventional Vs "Catchy" Course Titles and the Pedagogical Implications. 31st Annual Teaching & Learning Innovations Conference. University of Guelph, ON Canada, May1-2, 2018. Winner of the Associate Vice President (Academic) (AVPA) SoTL Award.
Burga, R., LeBlanc J., & Rezania, D. (2017). Student Future Time Perspective and Teaching CSR. 4th Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) Regional North America Conference, the University of Guelph, ON Canada, October 18-20, 2017.
McAdams, B., Elliot, S., & LeBlanc, J (2017). Drive by My Cellar Door: Do Boutique Wineries Benefit from Tourism? Wine and Culinary Tourism Conference, Kelowna, BC, Canada, October 17-21, 2017.
LeBlanc, J., Burga, R., & Rezania, D. (2016). Analyzing the Effects of Teaching Approach on Engagement, Satisfaction and Future Time Perspective. Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2016, Anaheim, CA, August 2016. Winner of the Barry Armandi Award for the best student paper- Management Education and Development (MED) Division.
LeBlanc, J & Lyons, S. (2015). Helicopter parents and their indecisive kids: The impact of parental attachment on Millennials' early careers. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC 07- 11 August, 2015.
Flaherty, J., McAdams, B., & LeBlanc, J. (2015). Words Matter: The Impact of “Catchy” vs. Conventional Course Titles on Student Interest. Graduate Student University Teaching Conference. Creating a Climate for Learning: Recognizing and Adapting to your Teaching Environment, Guelph, ON. Sept. 3, 2015.
Huang, S., & LeBlanc, J (2015). How do Chinese toursists differ from Caucasian tourists? An empirical study from the perspective of tourists' self-concept. Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) conference, Niagara Falls, ON 23-25 September, 2015.
LeBlanc, J, & Hayhoe, M.A. (2015). Mindfulness, Moral Reasoning and Ethical Leadership: A Closer Look. Presented at the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Conference (ASAC), 2015 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, June 13-16. Winner of the Best Student Paper Award for the Organizational Theory Division.
Bahramirad, S., Burga, R., Hayhoe, M., Huang, S., LeBlanc, J., Merchant, S., Rahmati, M. (2015). A Descriptive Study of Reactions to the Ontario Power Plant Closures from the Online Community. Paper presented at the Administrative Science Association of Canada Conference, Halifax, Nova Scotia. June 13-16.
LeBlanc, J. (2014). The Obesity Prevention Toolbox: Improving Workplace Health Promotion Programs Using Stakeholder Salience and Social Marketing. Preliminary paper presented at the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Conference, Muskoka, ON, May 2014.
LeBlanc, J., & Fryer, J. (2011). “The Effects of Cumulative Sleep Deprivation on Sexual Decision Making in College Students.”– Poster Presentation, Johnson Hall of Science. St. Lawrence University. Abbreviated data presented at the 14th annual meeting of the SPSP. January 17-19, 2013 pre-conference on self-regulation.
Practitioner-Oriented Articles and Chapters
- LeBlanc, J. (2018). The Evidence. In Redmond, K. (ed.) Coaching in a Character Culture for Purpose, Potential, and Performance in the Workplace. 109-143. Holland Landing, ON: IC Publishing.
- LeBlanc, J. (2014). The Evidence. In Redmond, K. (ed.) Communicating in a Character Culture with Tact, Integrity and Courage in the Workplace. 77-94. Holland Landing, ON: IC Publishing.
- LeBlanc, J. (2014). The Obesity Prevention Toolbox: Improving Workplace Health Promotion Programs Using Stakeholder Salience and Social Marketing. Journal of Business and Economics 5 (12): 2303-2315.
Recent Scholarships, Honors, & Awards
- 2017-2018 Scholarship for Teaching and Learning Fund Recipient- $12,000.
- 2017 CBE Research Assistantship Award- Career Outcomes of Today’s Emerging Adults- $5,752.
- 2016-2017 Mitacs Accelerate Internship. Generation Z: Understanding Canada's Newest Youth Generation- $10,000.
- 2016 Winner of the Barry Armandi Award for Best Student Paper -Management Education Division- Academy of Management (AOM)- $500.
- 2015 Best Student Paper-Organizational Theory Division-ASAC
- 2014,2016 Board of Graduate Studies Research Scholarship Winner- $4,000.
- 2013-2017 Ontario Trillium Scholarship Winner- $160,000.
- 2013-2016 Graduate Scholarship in Marketing and Consumer Studies- $20,350.
Instructor Jan 2018- April 2019 The University of Guelph, ON, Canada
- HROB*4000 Leadership and Organizational Management Capstone.
- HROB*4100 Evidence Based People Management.
- HROB*2090(02) Individuals and Groups in Organizations.
- HROB*2100(DE01) Career Ready: Develop Your Future
- HROB*2010(01) Foundations of Leadership