Controlled Drugs and Substances, Narcotics, and Veterinary Biologics

In order to comply with the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and the Food and Drugs Act, all drugs used in academic or research programs are obtained through the OVC Pharmacy. Appropriate records must be kept. Drugs for Use in Academic and Research Programs form must be completed and submitted to the OVC Pharmacy prior to obtaining drugs. Drugs in Schedules G & N of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act may require an exemption from Health Canada. Contact the VTH Pharmacy for assistance.