Enter the CEPS photo contest for a chance to win $500!
CEPS Photo Contest – Guidelines
The College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS) invites its students, faculty and research staff to submit photos* or digital images of their experiences as a member of CEPS.
Your photos may be featured on the CEPS website and other promotional materials.
One $500 prize will be awarded for 1st place in each of the following categories:
People: People who are studying, who are doing research, who are participating in research or who are affected by your research
Eureka!: Discoveries, ideas, innovations, inventions or new technologies employed/created in your class or laboratory
Weird & Wonderful: Interesting shapes, designs, patterns, colours, techniques... any element of your CEPS experience that is fascinating but a little unusual
- Contestants must be a CEPS faculty or staff member, or undergraduate or graduate student
- Photos must in some way portray research, teaching or learning in CEPS
- Number of entries per person is limited to 5
- Content that is in any way offensive, rude, abusive, explicit, illegal or otherwise deemed unacceptable by the contest administrators will not be eligible
- Provide an image caption that describes the story behind your photo (100 words max). Use plain language that could be understood by anyone aged 7 to 77
- Images should be submitted as .jpg, .png, or .tiff, with a maximum file size of 99 megabytes, minimum 300 dpi, and at least 1200 x 900 pixels
- No words, watermarks, signatures, or dates should be superimposed on the image
- Indicate the intended category for each photo/image you submit
- Provide your signed Consent and Agreement form (attached)
- Upload your submission materials to the following Dropbox location: https://www.dropbox.com/request/U0iLEtDPTsieM3gb1vkk
PHOTOS/IMAGES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 PM ON NOVEMBER 19, 2018
- Winning submissions will be chosen based on technical quality, creativity, attractiveness and fit with the selected category
- Winners will be notified by November 30, 2018
*Any type of image-producing technology may be used (photos using visible light or other spectra, optical or electronic instruments, computer-generated images, models, drawings, diagrams, graphs, etc.)
Weird & Wonderful
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Note: Contestants are encouraged to enter the NSERC Science Exposed Photo Contest in January 2019 if they meet NSERC’s eligibility criteria. See http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/ScienceExposed-PreuveParLimage/index_eng.asp for more details.