Current Employment Opportunities
The University of Guelph Child Care and Learning Centre (CCLC) is now accepting applications from qualified individuals for our Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) Supply List. This position is on an as-needed basis. Depending on their availability and the needs of the CCLC, RECE Supply team members can work on a very consistent basis.
The University of Guelph Child Care and Learning Centre is an early learning laboratory school that works to implement innovative approaches and provide leadership in the field of early childhood education and care (ECEC). The CCLC fosters continuous learning and a team approach. We regularly offer professional development opportunities for our whole team, including administrators, educators, and other staff members. Team members on our RECE Supply List also have access to funding to attend other professional learning opportunities.
Reporting to the Child Care Operations Manager, the Supply RECE will be a valued part of a team of early learning and care professionals. In this role, the Supply RECE will partner with the children, families, and other educators to plan and implement an inclusive, child-centred program based on children’s natural curiosities and interests. Through collaboration and teamwork, successful candidates will help to create a caring and engaging learning environment that invites exploration, play and inquiry. The Supply RECE will also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with community professionals working with children in our programs.
- Current registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check dated within the last 6 months
- Current immunizations as required by the WDGPH Unit
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience working within a licensed child care setting
- Knowledge of and experience in early learning and care programs
- Positive recommendation from current or previous Supervisor
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- A personal teaching philosophy that connects to the CCLC’s Program Statement, emergent curriculum, and nature-based learning, and is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Educational Project
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, families, staff, and the general public
- Basic computer and technological skills
The wage is $21.81 per hour + 4% vacation pay (not including the Wage Enhancement Grant, when available and applicable). The CCLC is open from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. Hours worked can be scheduled anytime during these hours, depending on the team member's availability and operational needs and requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please send a personalized cover letter and resume to Valerie Trew, Director of the Child Care and Learning Centre (email@example.com).
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.