The University of Guelph Child Care and Learning Centre is looking for enthusiastic and energetic volunteers to become a part of our community.
PROGRAM SUPPORT PERSON VOLUNTEER
The Program Support person enhances staffing ratio in a group so the needs of all children in the group are better met. Depending on the needs of the program, the Program Support person:
• Work with/support all the children in the child care group
• Support a specific child with special needs
NOTE: A Volunteer Program Support person is never the primary care giver of a child with/without special needs
When a child with special needs requires adult assistance, sometimes the Program Support person provides that support. At other times, they may work with other children while a regular staff person helps the child with special needs.
The Program Support person is directly supervised by the playroom teachers and reports to the Child Care Operations Manager.
• Provide support to the program 3 to 5 hours per week
• Maintain and open and ongoing communication with playroom staff
• Engage children in interactive play
• Act as a positive role model
• Follow operational policies and procedures
• Maintain the core values of the CCLC
• Effective communicator with children, staff, students and parents
• Past experience with children/adults with special needs
• Attend a 1 hour orientation session with the Child Care Operations Manager to review policies and set goals
• Attend a 2 hour orientation in designated playroom
• Check in meetings with Child Care Operations Manager
If you are interested in joining our team please fill out the application here:
Applications for Volunteer is currently closed.
Prior to joining our team, you will need to fill out the Volunteer File Package below and secure a Vulnerable Sector Police Check that is current within the last 5 years.
Volunteers through the Student Volunteer Connections may apply for reimbursement.
Have any questions about volunteering at the CCLC?