3MT: Three Minute Thesis Competition
Date and Time
Summerlee Science Complex, Room 1511
Why Participate in 3MT?
3MT is a university-wide competition for graduate students in which participants present their research, creative activity, and its wider impact in 3 minutes or less to a panel of non-specialist judges. The challenge is to present complex research in an engaging, accessible and compelling way, using only one slide.
3MT is not an exercise in trivializing or ‘dumbing-down’ research, but forces students to consolidate their ideas and discoveries to become transferable after graduation. For the 2019 3MT Competition, each college will hold a competition in order to decide upon two finalists who will advance to the University of Guelph 3MT Final Competition. The public is invited to cheer on the contestants in both the college heats and the final competition. The winner of the University of Guelph 3MT® competition will move on to represent the University at the Provincial Competition hosted by McMaster University on Wednesday, April 17th, 2019.
- First Prize: $1000 (to be paid against tuition)
- Runner Up: $500 (to be paid against tuition)
- Third Prize: $250 (to be paid against tuition)
How to Register
1) Complete the 3MT Registration and Participation Waiver Form
2) Email the completed form to your college's 3MT Coordinator
3) Begin planning your 3MT presentation!
For more information and how to register, please visit: Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies.