Undergraduate Program Counselling
Winter 2021 Course Selection updates will go here.
We are using rolling caps during course selection. As 4th year students are first to add courses, spaces in 4th year courses will be increased over the first two days. Then 3rd, 2nd, and 1st year courses.
Updates on course capacity increases will be posted here.
-Spaces in courses usually become available in the morning around 9:30am.
- CIS*2170 spaces will be released when second year students are adding.
- CIS*1050: about 5 spaces a day until first years can add
- CIS*2750 and CIS*3110: more space opening Tuesday
- CIS*4650 Compilers: if you are a 4th year CS major who is graduating BEFORE W22 please email us. No more spots opening.
- CIS*3190, 4030, 4520, 4720, and 4820 are full. (Unless you see space on WebAdvisor you can't add, please look for a different elective.)
Academic Advising Help
We are working remotely as per the UofG COVID-19 guidelines. You can contact us by email at email@example.com (Computer Science Counselling) or through Microsoft Teams (search by our personal email addresses: April anejedly or Greg gklotz ). Please use your @uoguelph.ca account for either option, and include your student number in the initial message.
The best approach for asking questions is:
- If it's a one sentence quick question and our status on Teams is available/green, ask there through Teams text messaging. Otherwise email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If it's a paragraph with a couple of questions, email us: email@example.com .
- If it's more involved, call on Teams if our status is available/green (just like a phone call), otherwise email asking for a meeting. Give a brief description of how we can help and when you're available.