Selected Referred Journal Publications
- H. Chen*, S. Chang, 2017. Impact of temperatures on microbial community structures of sewage sludge biological hydrolysis. Bioresource Technology, 245 (A) 502-510.
- H. Ding*, S. Chang, Y. Liu,* 2017. Biological hydrolysis pretreatment on secondary sludge: enhancement of anaerobic digestion and mechanism study. Bioresource Technology, 244(1), 989-995.
- Q. Guo*, S. Chang, Tetra-detector size exclusion chromatography characterization of molecular and solution properties of soluble microbial polysaccharides from an anaerobic membrane bioreactor, Front. Environ. Sci. Eng. 2017, 11(2): 16-26.
- P. Roy, A. Dutta, S. Chang, 2016. Development and evaluation of a functional bioreactor for CO2 fermentation into ethanol. Bioresources and Bioprocessing. 3(4): 2-8.
- H. Chen*, S. Chang, Q. Guo, Y. Hong, P. Wu. 2016. Brewery wastewater treatment using an anaerobic membrane bioreactor. Biochemical Engineering Journal. 105: 321-331.
- K. Lam, R. Zytner, S. Chang. 2015. Treatment of high strength vegetable processing wastewater with a sequencing batch reactor. Journal of Agriculture Engineering. 2(1): 30-38.
- Y. Liu, S. Chang, F. M. Defersha. 2015 Characterisation of proton binding sites of extracellular polymeric substances in an anaerobic membrane bioreactor. Water Research. 78: 133-143.
- S. Jamal, S. Chang, H. Zhou, 2014. Filtration behaviour and fouling mechanisms of polysaccharides. Membranes. 4(3): 319-332.
- S. Chang, S. Jamal, H. Chen, H. Zhou, Y. Hong. 2014. A novel approach to analysing concentration polarization of polysaccharide solutions. Water Science & Technology. 69(6): 1344-1348.
- D. Hufnagel*, S. Chang, Y. Hong, P. Wu, R. Zytner, 2014. Anaerobic membrane bioreactor for high strength wastewater treatment: batch and continuous operation comparison. Journal of Water Reuse and Desalination. 5(2): 1-9.
- S. Chang, 2011. Application of submerged hollow fibre membrane in membrane bioreactors: filtration principles, operation, and membrane fouling. Desalination. 283: 31-39.
- X. M. Wang, S. Chang, P. Kovalsky, T. D. Waite, 2008. Multiphase flow models in quantifying constant pressure dead-end filtration and subsequent cake compression. 1. Dilute slurry filtration, Journal of Membrane Science, 308 (1-2), 35-43.
- G. Genkin, T. D. Waite, A. G. Fane, S. Chang, 2006, The effect of vibration and coagulant addition on the filtration performance of submerged hollow fiber membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 281 (1-2), 726-734.
- S. Chang, A. G. Fane, T. D. Waite, 2006, Analysis of constant permeate flow filtration using dead-end hollow fibre membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 268 (2) 132-141.
- S. Chang, T. D. Waite, A. G. Fane, 2005, A simplified model for trace organics removal by continuous flow PAC adsorption/submerged membrane processes, Journal of Membrane Science, 146 (1-3), 381 -386.
- S. Chang, T. D. Waite, P. E. A., Ong, A. Schfer, A. G. Fane, 2004, Assessment of trace estrogenic contaminants removal by coagulant addition, PAC adsorption and PAC/MF Processes, Journal of Environmental Engineering, 130(7), 736-742.
- Z. F. Cui, S. Chang, A.G. Fane, 2003, Review: The use of gas bubbling to enhance membrane processes, J. Memb. Sci., 221, 1-35.
- A. G. Fane, S. Chang, 2002, Membrane bioreactors: Design and operational options, Filtration + Separation, 39 (5) 26-29.
- S. Chang, A. G. Fane, S. Vigneswaran, 2002, Modelling and optimizing submerged hollow fiber membrane modules. AIChE. Journal, 48(10), 2203-2212.
- S. Chang, A. G. Fane, S. Vigneswaran, 2002, Experimental assessment of filtration of biomass with transverse and axial fibres. Chemical Engineering Journal, 87(1), 121-127.
- S. Chang, A. G. Fane, 2001, The effect of fibre diameter on filtration and flux distribution - relevance to submerged hollow fibre modules. Journal of Membrane Science, 184(2), 221-231.
Selected Book Chapters
- Chang S, Fane A.G. (2015). Techniques to enhance performance of liquid-phase membrane processes by improved control of concentration polarization. Pabby A K, Rizvi S S H, Requrena A M S. Handbook of Membrane Separations; Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological
Selected Refereed Conference Publications
- R. Chen and S. Chang, Suspended or Granular Sludge? A comparison on two anaerobic MBR pilot performance, WEFTEC, 2017, 30 September-04 Oct 2017, Chicago, United States.
- B. Mehari, S. Chang, J. Filer, H. Ding, Y. Hong, Temperature Phased Biological Hydrolysis to Enhance Energy Recovery from Combined Wastewater Sludge, WEFTEC, 2017, 30 September-04 Oct 2017, Chicago, United States.
- Y. Hong, A. Alex, K. Waldner, J. Cumin, R. Chen, S.heng Cheng, Design Considerations for Full Scale Hollow Fiber AnMBR By Means of BMP Testing, WEFTEC, 2017, 30 September-04 Oct 2017, Chicago, United States.
- H. Ding H, Y. Hong, Y. Liu, S. Chang, 2016. Understanding and optimization of the plug flow biological hydrolysis for sludge digestion. WEFTEC, 24-28 September 2016, New Orleans, United States.
- S. Chang, H. Chen, Y. Liu, Q. Guo Q. 2016. Anaerobic membrane bioreactor (AnMBR) for wastewater treatment and energy recover. The 5th IWA-RMTC Conference, 22-24, August 2016, Kunming, China
- Chen R*, Chang S, Hong Y, Wu P. (2015). Brewery wastewater treatment by anaerobic membrane bioreactor. Canadian Society of Environmental Engineers Annual Conference, May, 2015, Regina, Canada.
- A. Moore, R. Zytner, S. Chang. 2015. Reduction of high bodand nutrient loading in fruit and vegetable wastewater with membrane bioreactor. AWWA Membrane Technology Conference Proceedings. AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, May 2015, Orlando, United States
- R. Chen, S. Chan, Y. Hong, M. Dagnew, P. Wu. Optimization of anaerobic membrane bioreactor operation for brewery wastewater treatment. Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation. WEFTEC, September 2015, Chicago, United States
- R. Chen, S. Chang, Y. Hong, M. Dagnew, P. Wu, 2014, Application of anaerobic membrane bioreactor for brewery wastewater treatment, WEFTEC. September 27 to October 1 2014, New Orleans, Louisiana.